Join TDF MagnifiScience Centre’s exciting world of science and make a difference.
We are looking for talented candidates to join our dynamic team. Currently, we are hiring for the vacancies listed below. 4-6 week internship opportunities are also available. If you think you are the perfect fit for TDF MagnifiScience Centre, kindly send us your updated resume at [email protected] while mentioning your area of interest in the subject line.
We are hiring a Science Communicator to demonstrate use of practical equipment, exercises, techniques and/or processes and oversee visitors carrying out such experiments, exercises and offer assistance as appropriate.
- Conduct guided tour of the Science Centre for students and adults and explain principles of STEM through scientific demonstrations to engage visitors
- Serve as the teaching guide for visiting schools proactively
- Research on science experiments and exhibits
- Shoot videos of scientific experiments and create content for social media
- Work on preventive maintenance of exhibits and assist in day-to-day operations
- Bachelors in Science
- 1-2 Years of relevant experience (fresh can also apply)
- Monday – Friday (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) (2 weekdays off in lieu of Saturday and Sunday)
- Saturday – Sunday (9.30 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to think creatively
Position: Finance Executive
- Managing accounting activities of the MagnifiScience Centre (MSC), a project of The Dawood Foundation
- Cash Handling
- Recording MSC Accounts Payable and MSC Accounts Receivable
- Recording and managing MSC Fixed Assets
- Bank Coordination
- Liaison with Head Office
- Preparing MSC Budget Variance Reports
- Keeping accurate records for all MSC daily transactions
- Bachelors in Accounting & Finance or ACCA
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
Intern required to welcome visitors at the entrance and provide them basic information regarding the history of the site.
Intern required to disseminate information to visitors regarding vegetable gardening principles and the rules of the site.
Intern required to collect visitor feedback via survey forms. The incumbent will administer the surveys near the exit area after completion of science centre tours.
Intern required to explain the exhibits of the first floor ‘Kids World Karachi’. The concepts of markets and administering first aid inside an ambulance will be explained through role play.
Intern required to explain the Mangrove Ecosystem to the visitors. Candidates with prior knowledge about environment and Pakistan’s biodiversity will be preferred.
COVID 19 SOPs:
Intern required to guide visitors on the rules and standard operation procedures to be followed inside the premises including social distancing and face covering measures.
The World With in Us: First Floor:
Intern required to familiarize visitors with the first floor interactive displays.
The Physical World: Second Floor
Intern required to familiarize visitors with the second floor interactive displays.
Our World Our Creation: Planning
Intern required to assist with the planning of the third floor exhibits.
Centre of Health Innovation (CHI):
Intern required to assist the CHI team in communication and maintenance of exhibits. Candidates with a background in biology will be preferred.