COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR VISITORS
- All visitors, aged 12 years and above, are required to wear a face mask within the MSC premises. Entry will not be allowed without a mask. Visitors not wearing a mask can purchase one from the MSC Shop.
- All visitors are required to have their temperature checked with a no-contact thermometer prior to entering the MSC building. Entry will not be allowed if a visitor’s body temperature reads 99° F or more or if they exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visitors are advised to stay at home if they are feeling unwell.
- All visitors must practice social distancing i.e., maintain at least 3 feet distance from other visitors in both indoor and outdoor spaces. Family members and others who live in the same household can be closer together.
- Visitors are advised to avoid handshakes.
- All visitors must sanitize their hands before interacting with any exhibit. Hand sanitizers are available at all entry points as well as at sanitizer stations throughout MSC.
In case of any violation of the above guidelines, the MSC management reserves the right to ask visitors to leave the premises.
WHAT COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE AT MSC?
- The science centre will be operating at limited occupancy level to ensure that physical distancing requirements can be met.
- To help maintain low visitor density in each exhibition space, we shall be allowing a limited number of visitors in each time slot during the operational hours.
- High-touch surfaces such as exhibits, lift buttons, restrooms, railings, and seating areas will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day. To further reduce risk, some interactive exhibit elements are unavailable.
- In addition to basic cleaning at the end and start of the day, additional cleaning rounds will also be carried out, if necessary, in particularly exposed locations.
- All science centre staff, particularly the science communicators, have received their Covid-19 vaccination. For their safety and the safety of visitors, they will be wearing face masks and following hand hygiene at all times.
- Signages are in place throughout the science centre to help guide visitors. Visitors should follow the floor markings to ensure social distancing.
- If a visitor becomes unwell whilst at the science centre, they will receive first aid by our trained staff available on the ground floor.